I’m sure we’re all excited about the upcoming three day weekend. Do you plan to take it easy and relax or head out on the town and do something a little different. Palm Beach County always has something happening for it’s visitors and residents. In fact, because the greater Palm Beach area offers so many enticing things to do, it’s one more reason this area is attractive to people relocating to Palm Beach. Here are some activities I picked out that may be worth a visit.
Things To Do in Palm Beach Friday Night 09/02/11
- Start your weekend off with a little laughter for the soul. The Improv at City Place features Sugar Sammy or Samir Khullar, an Indo Canadian comedian who has appeared on the Showtime special “Minorities Rule” and “Friday Night Live”. Show begins at 8pm.
- Capital Grill The Generous Pour Wine Event Palm Beach Gardens: Master Sommelier George Milliotes hand selected a perfect collection of nine highly rated wines from around the world. You can enjoy as many of these wines as you prefer for $25 per person with dinner now through September 4th.
- The Colony Motown Friday Nights: The Colony is a hotel just off Worth Ave. with two restaurants. Polo which is British Colonial cuisine with a formal dining room and casual poolside seating. Open until 1:30am on Friday and Saturday. Friday night from 9:30 to closing feel the rhythm of soul stirring music and dance the night away.
- Downtown at the Gardens 7 pm to 10 pm: Raquel Williams Weekend Kickoff. Energy and passion have landed her at some popular venues. She sung the national anthem for the Florida Panthers game and Miami Heat. Don’t miss out on this night of Jazz and R&b and Soul. 11701 Lake Victoria Gardens Ave.Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33410 (561) 340-1600
- The Arts Garage Delray Beach 7:30 pm: 3 on 3 Photography and Paintings Open Night Reception. Featuring contemporary photographers and painters blending their worlds with the modern world. 180 NE First St. Delray Beach , FL 33444
Things To Do in Palm Beach Saturday 09/03/11
- Jupiter Carlin Park Seabreeze Amphitheater 8:oo pm: “UV” in Concert ( A “U2” Tribute band) what many critics are referring to as U2 fans choice band. Authentic sound and look to one of the best bands on the planet. Bring a lawn chair and or blanket. FREE ADMISSION! Picnic baskets welcome. Pets on leashes welcome.
- Palm Beach Gardens PGA National Resort and Spa Poolside BBQ 6:30 pm to 9:30 pm: Come join PGA National Resort this Labor Day weekend for a poolside BBQ at the Citrus Tree Patio. Concert featuring 98.7 Gator’s Tribute Band. A portion of the proceeds benefits Patriot Golf Day where golfer nationwide support the children and spouses of military men and women killed or disabled while serving our great nation.
- Palm Beach Gardens David’s East Side Deli 12:00pm Shabbat Buffet Free: Open for all ages food for the body and soul every Saturday morning come to David’s for a delicious buffet of Corned beef, Kishke, Gifilte Fish, cholent, Pastrami, knishes and more. Right after Shabbat prayers.
- West Palm Beach Dirty Martini City Place, The Ultimate Day Party: Starting at 2:45 pm. RSVP for free admission and your first round on the house with a goodie bag.
- West Palm Beach at the Blind Monk 7:00 pm: Weekly Wine Wisdom. Want to be more wine savvy? Come to the Blind Monk every Saturday for some free wine education. Each week their sommelier will guide your palate through the distinctions between different varietals, regions and styles. No RSVP necessary, and the lesson is short and sweet so don’t be late.
- West Palm Beach Antiques Festival 10:00 am to 5:00 pm: Florida’s biggest and best antique show has been at the same location for 20 years. Find a variety of antiques, collectibles and decorative accessories. Located at South Florida Fair Grounds.
Palm Beach Things To Do on Sunday 09/04/11
- Jupiter Outdoor Center Stand up Paddleboard Core Workout: 11:00 am come for a hardcore workout class on stand up paddle boards. It’s a total body workout with core exercises in isometric form. Includes 30 minutes of paddling in the workout. Reservations required. 561-747-0063, $20 per person
- Delray Beach IL Bacio Pure: Starting at 2:00 pm a full day of house music from 2pm to 2am with top international dj’s from around the world. Official album release event for George Acosta’s “Vision Behind Expressions” which is already at top of charts. 29 SE Second Ave. Delray Beach, FL 33444
- Delray Beach Paul’s Piano Bar Sunday Bloody Sunday: 12pm to 4pm come build your own Bloody Mary from the self serve bar of juices, condiments and seasonings. Great music and full bar with discounted drink prices and free munchies. 25 NE Second Ave. Delray Beach, FL 33447
Things To Do in Palm Beach Labor Day Monday 09/05/11
- Palm Beach Gardens PGA National Resort and Spa Poolside BBQ: 11:00 am to 3:00 pm.
What Are Your Plans for the Labor Day 2011 Weekend?