Abacoa is not just a community you go to when you are ready to hang your hat at night. These residential neighborhoods offer a certain lifestyle that you just will not find anywhere else. Sidewalks wind throughout, encouraging you to walk rather than drive, and the majority of the neighborhoods feature a fitness facility and swimming pool. Plus, you can take in a round of golf at Abacoa Golf Club or play tennis, basketball, hockey, or racquetball at South Jupiter Community Park. You can do all this without leaving your immediate area. In a nutshell, Abacoa promotes a healthy lifestyle. However, when you want variety, there are also a ton of nearby gyms, yoga studios, beaches, and parks to keep you active.
- Gold’s Gym – There are a few Gold’s Gyms in the area, but the one at US 1 and Indiantown is the most popular. It has been recently remodeled and features a robust assortment of machines, a full smoothie bar, sauna, class rooms, and kids club. The locker rooms are even gorgeous with plush couches and flat screen televisions.
- Loggerhead Fitness – Located in Juno Beach, Loggerhead Fitness offers fitness training, personal trainers, cardio workouts, weight loss planning, and even massages. You will also find an extensive schedule of fitness classes, including Yoga, Pilates, Group Cycle, TRX Training, Zumba, and more.
- Crunch Fitness – This is one of the newest and most affordable options in the area. It opened February 2014 and has already become a favorite with the locals. The selection of cardio and strength training machines is insane, and you will have a hard time finding a more diverse assortment of classes. Bodyweb with TRX, Yoga Body Sculpt, Fat Burning Pilates, Cardio Tai Box, and Zumba are just a few you have to choose from. You will never get bored with your workout here.
- Native Yoga – This studio is right near Juno Beach, so after practice you can go soak up some sun. The schedule includes Native, Astanga, Mysore, and Vinyasa. There are even beach classes available for all experience levels.
- Bodhi Hot Yoga – You have probably heard all about the benefits of hot yoga already. Well, there are a few nearby studios to choose from when you live in Abacoa. Bodhi just happens to be one of the most popular ones. Unlike Bikram yoga, these classes change every time so you don’t get bored with the routine. Vinyasa flows in heated rooms; what could be better?
- Mother Nature’s Pantry – You will find this health food store and restaurant in Palm Beach Gardens on PGA Blvd. The wraps and smoothies are delish, and in the store area you will find a wide range of natural organic food, supplements, and personal hygiene products.
- Tunies – If you are looking for probiotics, vitamins, or specialty items, such as chia, spirulina, and gluten-free products, Tunies is the place to go. There is even an entire selection of natural products for pets.
Nutrition World and Nutrition S’mart are great healthy shops, as well, and you definitely want to stop over to Fit Body Bistro for some fantastic healthy food or a nutritious beverage from the juice and smoothie bar.
Additional yoga studios to explore include Zeal Yoga, Power Yoga Tribe, Hot Yoga Downtown, and Yoga Palm Beach. If you are specifically looking for Zumba classes, Ultima Fitness Downtown, 24-Hour Fitness, and ZT’s Studio get rave reviews. There are also a few other gyms and boot camps to visit, such as LA Fitness, Jupiter Fitness Center, Hard Exercise Works, and Crossfit Palm Beach.